Friday 11 April 2014

The delights of a spring stroll up the lane

I do enjoy my dog walks up the lane, especially when I have time to enjoy it!
This afternoon the sun shone for me, the birds were singing , there were plenty of hoverflies and bumblebees about along with a few butterflies , today it was small tortoiseshells and peacock,  and if you stood still you could occasionally hear the rustling of vegetation as small mammals moved about, today we caught a glimpse of a young rabbit just a couple of metres away, earlier on this week we watched a couple of mice scurrying along the hedge branches.
Some of these wildlife gems I managed to photograph, while other times I just enjoyed the moment!
here's my picture for today
Starling





Great Diving Beetle in puddle




Photography by Angela Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment