Tuesday 22 March 2011

Chasing butterflies

Having seen three butterflies flying around my garden yesterday I chose to go on a butterfly hunt on the common, with the hope that I might be able to photograph some.
Some hope - first find your butterflies!


Well I did manage to find my daughters mirror brush which she lost last week, we had given up hope of ever finding it, but today there it was just lying there in the middle of all this. Whether she will ever use it again is debatable but at least we know it isn't lying on the common anymore.
And, then, at the sheltered end of the common, not only were there some butterflies dancing about, but some actually stayed still long enough for me to photograph.


                                                                     Small Tortoiseshell.


                                                                           Peacock



and I also spooked a couple of snipe too,- not sure who jumped more them or me

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics, and you did well to capture the snipe!! Not seen them in years. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete