Thursday 2 May 2013

This is what I have been waiting for - Little owl , butterflies and sunshine


Last night we attended a talk by Simon King in celebration of the Staffordshire Wildlife Trust taking over the management of the Roaches - we heard tales of some of amazing wildlife experiences, some incredibly scary ones and some highly amusing ones and all totally inspiring.




As a result on my dog walk this morning under clear blue skies I found myself chirruping all the way up and back down the lane, I am not sure what language I was chirruping in but the long tailed tits kept me company all the way, flitting about in the blackthorn  which is now in full flower and looking stunning.



As well as the long tailed tits I also saw three species of butterfly
comma,


peacock,


and small tortoiseshell

and so many birds including chaffinch, blue tit, great tit, robin, dunnock, 4 buzzards soaring overhead, a green woodpecker and........ drum roll please - the little owl is back

happy days!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love butterflies and your photos are very lovely!

    ReplyDelete