Sunday 28 April 2013

Fox cubs

Highlight of my year so far - as wonderful as the marsh harrier from our garden gate was, I guess I am a big softy after all because on our walk today we came across these gorgeous fox cubs. We counted eight but there could have been more, most of them played in the thicket but three of them ventured towards the edge where it was a little bit more open. We had our dog with us so we kept our distance and stood watching for a good half an hour, I could have stayed until dark but we needed to get home and our dog was starting to get a bit agitated, so reluctantly we left them to play.
I am so pleased I took my camera - I almost didn't as I had decided the light wasn't great for taking photos and I was right but at least I have some kind of record.






No comments:

Post a Comment