Monday 11 October 2010

all of this on my doorstep

This morning I posted a photo on my garden gate blog declaring what a lovely start to the day!
Well the day just kept getting better!
We have enjoyed the company of a herd of cows which have been happily grazing the common in front of our house since the Spring. I am not a great fan of cattle and although I am quite happy to see them when they are the other side of a fence I would not consider going on the common to walk my dog by myself.
This morning the farmer took all the cattle away, so this afternoon I made the most of the beautiful weather and a cattle free common.
It was wonderful to get back there!
Common Darter ( I think)



Southern Hawker


Comma


Small Coppers


The Common  - anything could be hiding in there, and indeed a little later I startled a hare, and it in turn startled me so I didn't get a photo of it, sorry!


This grey squirrel, I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't being so noisy


                                                                           buzzard

No comments:

Post a Comment