Saturday 1 May 2010

Dandelions and blackthorn

Isn't it amazing what a difference a little bit of rain makes.At the beginning of this week, there wasn't a dandelion in sight, now the verges and fields are covered in them. i am not usually a fan of dandelions, but this year I think they have been stunning.
These are just a few of the hundreds I encountered on my dog walk this afternoon.



 and of course the next stage will be hundreds of these...


I just hope that the wind blows the seeds away from my garden.

As well as the dandelions the blackthorn is now well and truly in flower.




and the bluebells are out too!


I must try and get to a bluebell wood.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, reminds me to get out to the woods too (if the rain ever stops) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the bluebells will have vanished before I get a chance to enjoy a wood at this rate!

    ReplyDelete